19/05/2015

Secrets of the Sky - Pathway


How about a little progressive post metal today?  Unlike the more sludge-inclined stuff from the genre I tend to post, Secrets of the Sky are much heavier on the prog side of things.  The guitar effects sport hints of Tool, and the overall sound is comparable to acts like Minsk.  However, I think that this is a bit more engaging than the latter due to the concise song-writing and brevity.  I was surprised at just how much I enjoyed this, but with those cool bass lines, perfect mixture of spacy cleans and melodeath-sounding growls, and the hooky guitars; what's not to like?  It's a journey worth taking more than once.  You can stream the whole thing HERE at Invisible Oranges.  Then you can buy it HERE for $8.99.  I'm definitely considering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment